- 1 What can I do with old Bible study books?
- 2 What do you do with old Bibles and hymn books?
- 3 How do I receive a Bible donation?
- 4 Where can I donate my Bible in Singapore?
- 5 Are old Bibles valuable?
- 6 How much are old Bibles worth?
- 7 How do we know how old the Bible is?
- 8 How can I get free Bibles in bulk?
- 9 How do you dispose of religious books?
- 10 Can I get a bible for free?
- 11 Where in the Bible should I start reading?
- 12 Are hotel Bibles free?
- 13 What can you do with unwanted books?
- 14 Can we donate books to NLB?
- 15 What can I do with old CDS in Singapore?
What can I do with old Bible study books?
Here Are More Options for What to Do With Old Bibles
- Bible Foundation Network for Sending Bibles.
- Christian Library International.
- Love Packages.
- Master Bible Collection/Distribution Centers in U.S.A. and Canada.
- Many local churches accept used Bibles for believers in need.
What do you do with old Bibles and hymn books?
- Churches, who may in turn donate the book to the needy.
- Libraries, who may offer the book for checking out or sell it in a fundraiser.
- Thrift stores, who can offer the book for relatively cheap to someone who may need it.
- Christian homeless shelters, many of which offer prayer groups and bible study classes.
How do I receive a Bible donation?
If you would like to get a physical copy of God’s Word, there are a lot of places that you can get a Bible for free.
- A Christian Church Near You.
- Your City Library.
- Spread The Word Campaign – Free Bibles For Those Overseas.
Where can I donate my Bible in Singapore?
17 Places to Donate Books and More in Singapore (2020 Update!)
- Dignity Mama. Source.
- Books Beyond Borders. Source.
- Help a Child – Donate a Book.
- FairPrice Share-A-Textbook Project.
- Marymount Youth Network Book Donation Drive 2020.
- Sony’s South Africa Mobile Library Project (SAMLP)
- Migrant Library Singapore.
- 8 One Bag One Book.
Are old Bibles valuable?
Old Bibles published between 1900-2000 are almost exclusively considered reading material and unless your copy was owned by someone famous, it is not worth further research. The exact same Bible, not owned by Elvis Presley, is worth $10 or less. These modern 20th century Bibles are the type most of us have.
How much are old Bibles worth?
To have value, they must be nearly perfect. Those are worth between $100 and $300. Incidentally, if you have one of these, and it’s a family Bible you want to preserve, but the spine is broken, or the covers are falling off, you can have them fixed, but it’ll cost a couple hundred dollars.
How do we know how old the Bible is?
Look at the title page to see if you can find a date. On some books, usually newer ones, you can find a printing date right underneath the title. Flip through the book to see if you can find a date listed anywhere inside the book, especially printed on the bottom of the pages.
How can I get free Bibles in bulk?
Getting free Bibles in bulk requires some diligence and research. Visit local churches and ask if they can donate any Bibles. If the church recently got new Bibles or will in the near future, it may be willing to donate the old ones. Write to missionary groups to see if they can send you a bulk order of Bibles.
How do you dispose of religious books?
It should be wrapped in something pure and buried in a place where people do not walk. Many of the religious leaders who spoke to NPR agreed that burial was the most respectful way to dispose of their sacred text.
Can I get a bible for free?
The Bible App The Bible App by YouVersion is by far the most popular free Bible app. You can download the app for iPhone/iPad, Android, and/or Kindle Fire, or access an online version at Bible.com. There’s even a version that you can download to use on your Google Home or Amazon Echo devices.
Where in the Bible should I start reading?
The Gospel of Matthew is the first book of the New Testament. Many people start reading this book of the Bible when they launch into the New Testament but don’t know much about it.
Are hotel Bibles free?
Thousands of hotels around the world supply a bible in the room, often supplied by the international Evangelic organisation The Gideons. While these Bibles are supplied free to encourage hotel guests to take interest in the Christian faith, what’s not clear is whether its OK to take one home with you.
What can you do with unwanted books?
10 Ways to Recycle Your Old Books
- Donate to your local library. Bring your gently used books to your local library.
- Donate to a local charity.
- Make some gift tags.
- Recycle your unusable books.
- Sell them or give them away online.
- Make a “Free Books” box.
Can we donate books to NLB?
National Library Board The National Library Board (NLB) has Book Exchange Corners at certain library branches. Here, you can drop off your old books for other people to bring home. Simply bring your books down and load up the designated shelves. Branches with Book Exchange Corners can be found across the island.
What can I do with old CDS in Singapore?
You can give it away through the following ways:
- Give Away Online. The Singapore Freecycle Network is part of the global Freecycle movement that allows anyone to give away or receive items for free on its Facebook Group or Yahoo!
- Give to Charity or to Others.
- Use the Recycling Programme.