- 1 Who takes used Bibles?
- 2 What do you do with old Bibles UK?
- 3 What do you do with old Bibles and hymn books?
- 4 Where can I donate my Bible in Singapore?
- 5 How much are old Bibles worth?
- 6 How can I get free Bibles in bulk?
- 7 Are old Bibles worth any money?
- 8 How do you dispose of old Catholic Bibles?
- 9 Are old Bibles worth anything UK?
- 10 Do Bibles burn?
- 11 Can we donate books to NLB?
- 12 What can you do with unwanted books?
- 13 What can I do with old CDS in Singapore?
Who takes used Bibles?
Here Are More Options for What to Do With Old Bibles
- Bible Foundation Network for Sending Bibles.
- Christian Library International.
- Love Packages.
- Master Bible Collection/Distribution Centers in U.S.A. and Canada.
- Many local churches accept used Bibles for believers in need.
What do you do with old Bibles UK?
In the case of usable Bibles, consider donating the book to the church or to a charity that provides Bibles to those who otherwise could not afford or obtain the book. Donations can also be made to local charities or libraries, which can use the books in their collections.
What do you do with old Bibles and hymn books?
- Churches, who may in turn donate the book to the needy.
- Libraries, who may offer the book for checking out or sell it in a fundraiser.
- Thrift stores, who can offer the book for relatively cheap to someone who may need it.
- Christian homeless shelters, many of which offer prayer groups and bible study classes.
Where can I donate my Bible in Singapore?
17 Places to Donate Books and More in Singapore (2020 Update!)
- Dignity Mama. Source.
- Books Beyond Borders. Source.
- Help a Child – Donate a Book.
- FairPrice Share-A-Textbook Project.
- Marymount Youth Network Book Donation Drive 2020.
- Sony’s South Africa Mobile Library Project (SAMLP)
- Migrant Library Singapore.
- 8 One Bag One Book.
How much are old Bibles worth?
To have value, they must be nearly perfect. Those are worth between $100 and $300. Incidentally, if you have one of these, and it’s a family Bible you want to preserve, but the spine is broken, or the covers are falling off, you can have them fixed, but it’ll cost a couple hundred dollars.
How can I get free Bibles in bulk?
Getting free Bibles in bulk requires some diligence and research. Visit local churches and ask if they can donate any Bibles. If the church recently got new Bibles or will in the near future, it may be willing to donate the old ones. Write to missionary groups to see if they can send you a bulk order of Bibles.
Are old Bibles worth any money?
Old Bibles published between 1900-2000 are almost exclusively considered reading material and unless your copy was owned by someone famous, it is not worth further research. The exact same Bible, not owned by Elvis Presley, is worth $10 or less. These modern 20th century Bibles are the type most of us have.
How do you dispose of old Catholic Bibles?
” There is no specifically mandated means of disposing of old Bibles. Some Catholics follow a custom of disposing of religious articles that have been blessed by either burying or burning. If not, dispose of it as you would any other book.
Are old Bibles worth anything UK?
Only very specific publications will prove to have any serious monetary value. If you feel that your family Bible may be one of those extra-special tomes, you can have it professionally appraised to help you determine its worth. The libraries of large universities often offer basic appraisal services.
Do Bibles burn?
He wrote: “Because bibles are so thick, and because the covers are often made of premium materials, they tend to take a little bit longer to burn. Only the outside part is exposed to the air and can burn, so I would expect the bible to burn longer than typical books.
Can we donate books to NLB?
National Library Board The National Library Board (NLB) has Book Exchange Corners at certain library branches. Here, you can drop off your old books for other people to bring home. Simply bring your books down and load up the designated shelves. Branches with Book Exchange Corners can be found across the island.
What can you do with unwanted books?
10 Ways to Recycle Your Old Books
- Donate to your local library. Bring your gently used books to your local library.
- Donate to a local charity.
- Make some gift tags.
- Recycle your unusable books.
- Sell them or give them away online.
- Make a “Free Books” box.
What can I do with old CDS in Singapore?
You can give it away through the following ways:
- Give Away Online. The Singapore Freecycle Network is part of the global Freecycle movement that allows anyone to give away or receive items for free on its Facebook Group or Yahoo!
- Give to Charity or to Others.
- Use the Recycling Programme.