- 1 What should I teach my child in Sunday school?
- 2 How do I run a successful Sunday School?
- 3 How do I make my child my disciple?
- 4 How do you promote Sunday school?
- 5 What is the Bible children’s lesson?
- 6 How do I start a new Sunday school class?
- 7 How do you manage a Sunday school class?
- 8 Why Sunday School is so important?
- 9 What does the Bible say about discipling your child?
- 10 How do I disciple someone?
- 11 How do I talk to my child about God?
- 12 What Sunday school means to me?
- 13 What are the responsibilities of a Sunday school superintendent?
- 14 How do I increase my attendance Bible study?
What should I teach my child in Sunday school?
15 Sunday School Lesson Theme Ideas
- Theme: Jesus Hears Our Prayers.
- Theme: Jesus is Our Anchor.
- Theme: Becoming a Fisher of Men.
- Theme: Convicted for Christianity.
- Theme: Take Time to Rest and Enjoy God.
- Theme: Me and My Big Mouth — Understanding Gossip.
- Theme: Worrying about “Stuff”
- Theme: Knowing the Holy Spirit.
How do I run a successful Sunday School?
7 Tips to Give Children A Great Sunday School Experience
- Prepare Your Classes in Advance.
- Avoid Passing the Buck.
- Be a Positive Disciplinarian.
- Encourage Parent & Child Spiritual Conversations.
- Keep the Parents Updated.
- Constructively Criticize Yourself.
How do I make my child my disciple?
Walk alongside each child individually to help them learn what it looks like to follow Jesus for themselves. Discipleship is a “with them” thing. Don’t just tell them what to do, but do it with them. Sit down and show them how to spend time with God on their own.
How do you promote Sunday school?
Include different things like focusing on different ages, focusing on teachers, focusing on a big event, advertising a big event, or pictures of a very exciting activity. Update this monthly. Keep your teachers and volunteers that help you promote Sunday School! Do something each month for teachers and volunteers.
What is the Bible children’s lesson?
For the younger children, the message is simple: God gave the Bible to us to help us. It is an important letter God wrote to each of us to learn from, to obey, and to get to know Him better. For the older children, we expand on this message and say that the Bible is true and is supposed to be our guide.
How do I start a new Sunday school class?
Only the first one is listed in priority order.
- Secure prayer support. Invite a few people to serve as prayer support for you as you begin this new class.
- Be clear on who the new class is for.
- Gather what you need.
- Prepare to lead a Bible study.
- Distribute resources.
- Enlist a team.
- Conduct a pre-class event.
How do you manage a Sunday school class?
10 Tips for Church School Classroom Management
- Understand the age group.
- Preparation is key.
- Focus on routine.
- Set clear expectations.
- Use motivational tools.
- Be a student of the kids in your class.
- Think about special needs.
- Be prepared for misbehavior.
Why Sunday School is so important?
1) Kids learn church is a fun, safe place. 2) Children develop relationships with other trusted Christian adults. 3) Kids connect with other Christian kids. 4) Kids can learn from others’ creativity and perspective, not just mama’s.
What does the Bible say about discipling your child?
Prov 23:13-14: “Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die. Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell (i.e. death).”
How do I disciple someone?
Walk through the Bible and a discipleship resource with one another. Challenge each other. Learn from each other. Hold each other accountable.
How do I talk to my child about God?
Here are some things to know for when you talk about God with your kids.
- Don’t panic. It’s OK not to know everything about God.
- Know where you can find some answers.
- You don’t need to answer what they’re not asking.
- Make space for the conversation.
- Be a learner alongside your kids.
What Sunday school means to me?
A Sunday school, also known as a Sabbath School, is an institution designed to teach people, usually children, about Christianity, named such because most Christian churches meet on Sunday. It aimed to teach the youngsters reading, writing and cyphering and a knowledge of the Bible.
What are the responsibilities of a Sunday school superintendent?
The superintendent is responsible for recommending a budget for the Sunday School Department. This budget generally includes the cost of teacher resources and Sunday school books for each class. The budget also includes expenses for Sunday School events, such as vacation Bible school.
How do I increase my attendance Bible study?
6 Ideas to Increase Church Attendance
- Make Newcomers Feel Welcome. As we outlined above, there are many reasons why someone hasn’t been to church in a while.
- Shorten Your Sermons.
- Ask Your Congregation for Feedback.
- Encourage Church Members to Bring Friends.
- Share Videos on Social Media.
- Invite People with Text Messages.