- 1 How do you become a disciple of Jesus for kids?
- 2 What was the lesson Jesus was trying to teach the disciples?
- 3 How do you become a disciple of Christ?
- 4 How do you describe God’s disciples?
- 5 What is a disciple of Jesus kids?
- 6 What’s the difference between disciples and apostles?
- 7 What was Jesus’s point in the teaching?
- 8 What is the most important teaching of Jesus?
- 9 What are the seven signs of Jesus?
- 10 What are the characteristics of a good disciple?
- 11 What are the marks of a disciple?
- 12 Is everyone called to be a disciple?
- 13 What is discipleship according to the Bible?
- 14 Why is making discipleship important?
- 15 What is a true disciple?
How do you become a disciple of Jesus for kids?
Walk alongside each child individually to help them learn what it looks like to follow Jesus for themselves. Discipleship is a “with them” thing. Don’t just tell them what to do, but do it with them. Sit down and show them how to spend time with God on their own.
What was the lesson Jesus was trying to teach the disciples?
Jesus taught His disciples how to pray (the Lord’s prayer), He prayed for the little children when they were brought to Him, He prayed with Peter, James, and John, and He prayed alone. He also taught His disciples to love sinners and He demonstrated what that looked like by eating with them.
How do you become a disciple of Christ?
How to Be a Disciple of Christ
- Let us be humble; let us pray to our Father in Heaven with all our heart and express our desire to draw close to Him and learn of Him.
- Have faith.
- Seek and you will find.
- Serve the Lord by serving others.
- Become an active participant in your ward or branch.
How do you describe God’s disciples?
A disciple would literally follow someone in hopes of eventually becoming what they are. A Christian disciple is a believer who follows Christ and then offers his own imitation of Christ as model for others to follow (1 Corinthians 11:1). A disciple is first a believer who has exercised faith (Acts 2:38).
What is a disciple of Jesus kids?
In Christianity, the disciples were the students of Jesus during his ministry, which sometimes means only the Twelve Apostles, but the gospels speaks of different numbers of disciples. In the Book of Acts, the Apostles themselves have disciples.
What’s the difference between disciples and apostles?
While a disciple is a student, one who learns from a teacher, an apostle is sent to deliver those teachings to others. “Apostle” means messenger, he who is sent. An apostle is sent to deliver or spread those teachings to others. We can say that all apostles were disciples but all disciples are not apostles.
What was Jesus’s point in the teaching?
What was Jesus’ point in the teaching? In this teaching, Jesus was saying that we treat one another with love and compassion as he have loved us as much as laying his life for our sake, in order for us to join him in the kingdom of God.
What is the most important teaching of Jesus?
When asked which commandment was the most important, Jesus said, “ Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour thyself” (Matthew 22:37–39).
What are the seven signs of Jesus?
Seven Signs of John
- Week 1: Changing Water Into Wine (John 2:1-11)
- Week 2: Healing the Royal Official’s Son (John 4:46-54)
- Week 3: Healing the paralytic at the pool (John 5:1-18)
- Week 4: Feeding over 5,000 with fish and loaves (John 6:1-14)
- Week 5: Walking on the water (John 6:15-25)
What are the characteristics of a good disciple?
Qualities of discipleship include going to share the Good News to non-believers, teaching, loving God, loving others, standing out, denying ourselves, being firm in God’s word, fellowship with other believers, imitators of Christ, dedicated, steadfast, and investing in missions.
What are the marks of a disciple?
The 7 Marks of a Healthy Disciple
- Introducing others to Jesus.
- Praying: our primary work.
- Stewarding resources generously.
- Knowing & Obeying God’s Word.
- Completing the Great Commission.
- Depending on the Holy Spirit’s empowering.
- Taking Faith-Filled risks.
Is everyone called to be a disciple?
But Jesus expanded its meaning by saying that everyone who truly believes in Him is called to be a disciple. “Jesus said, ‘If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples’” (John 8:31, NIV). And this was true for all His disciples, not just the Twelve. To be a disciple is to be a learner.
What is discipleship according to the Bible?
Discipleship in the Christian sense is the process of making someone become like Christ. The disciple of Christ is to become like Christ in everything. The primary purpose of Jesus’ coming to the world was to establish the kingdom of God through his death.
Why is making discipleship important?
Why is discipleship important? Discipleship is important because we want people to become fully committed followers of Christ. Discipleship helps believers to grow in their faith, to grow in maturity and wisdom, and build their faith on a strong foundation so that they can then disciple and lead others towards Christ.
What is a true disciple?
Webster’s definition of a disciple is “a pupil or follower of any teacher or school.”[i] A true disciple is not just a student or a learner, but a follower: one who applies what he has learned. Thus, a true disciple will ask, “What would Jesus do?”