- 1 Who Do You Say I Am Sunday school lesson?
- 2 What should I teach in Sunday school?
- 3 How do you lead a Sunday school class?
- 4 Who do you say that I am?
- 5 What Sunday school means to me?
- 6 How do you promote Sunday school?
- 7 What do you do on the first day of Sunday school?
- 8 Who is a good Sunday school teacher?
- 9 How is Jesus our anchor?
- 10 What do you do in Sunday school?
- 11 How do you motivate a Sunday school student?
- 12 How do you manage a Sunday school class?
- 13 Why Sunday School is so important?
Who Do You Say I Am Sunday school lesson?
“Who do you say I am?” Jesus acknowledges that Simon Peter has hit on the main point. He has not seen who Jesus is because of what someone else said, but because of what God clearly announced. Jesus calls this disciple “Peter”, which means “rock,” and promises to build the church on faith like his.
What should I teach in Sunday school?
15 Sunday School Lesson Theme Ideas
- Theme: Jesus Hears Our Prayers.
- Theme: Jesus is Our Anchor.
- Theme: Becoming a Fisher of Men.
- Theme: Convicted for Christianity.
- Theme: Take Time to Rest and Enjoy God.
- Theme: Me and My Big Mouth — Understanding Gossip.
- Theme: Worrying about “Stuff”
- Theme: Knowing the Holy Spirit.
How do you lead a Sunday school class?
Seven Actions to Take Leading Up to a New Sunday School Class
- Secure prayer support.
- Be clear on who the new class is for.
- Gather what you need.
- Prepare to lead a Bible study.
- Distribute resources.
- Enlist a team.
- Conduct a pre-class event.
Who do you say that I am?
Jesus persisted: “But who do you say that I am?” Only Simon Peter ventured a reply: ” Thou art the Christ.” In the end Jesus declined to enlighten his followers. He simply bade them to hold their tongues.
What Sunday school means to me?
A Sunday school, also known as a Sabbath School, is an institution designed to teach people, usually children, about Christianity, named such because most Christian churches meet on Sunday. It aimed to teach the youngsters reading, writing and cyphering and a knowledge of the Bible.
How do you promote Sunday school?
Include different things like focusing on different ages, focusing on teachers, focusing on a big event, advertising a big event, or pictures of a very exciting activity. Update this monthly. Keep your teachers and volunteers that help you promote Sunday School! Do something each month for teachers and volunteers.
What do you do on the first day of Sunday school?
Here are seven things that can help get things moving forward on the first day the class meets.
- Arrive early.
- Use name tags.
- Greet everyone as they arrive.
- Start on time.
- Lead like it is the second Sunday.
- Save administration stuff for the end of class time.
Who is a good Sunday school teacher?
It takes a special kind of person to be an effective Sunday school teacher. Sunday school teachers must have a deep love for God and know the Bible well. They must also have a love for children and a passion for spreading seeds of God’s word to those children.
How is Jesus our anchor?
Yes, Jesus is our hope and anchor who will keep us in the midst of storms. He is the one who is able to keep us steadfast and unmovable in spite of the tides of life. Hebrews 6:19 declares: “Hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast…”
What do you do in Sunday school?
- A Sunday school is an educational institution, usually (but not always) Christian in character.
- Sunday school classes usually precede a Sunday church service and are used to provide catechesis to Christians, especially children and teenagers, and often adults as well.
How do you motivate a Sunday school student?
3 Keys to Motivating Sunday School Leaders
- Personally affirm leaders. Look for reasons to affirm group leaders and acknowledge them personally.
- Publicly affirm leaders. No motivation key is more important than personal recognition from the ministry leader!
- Provide for leaders.
How do you manage a Sunday school class?
10 Tips for Church School Classroom Management
- Understand the age group.
- Preparation is key.
- Focus on routine.
- Set clear expectations.
- Use motivational tools.
- Be a student of the kids in your class.
- Think about special needs.
- Be prepared for misbehavior.
Why Sunday School is so important?
1) Kids learn church is a fun, safe place. 2) Children develop relationships with other trusted Christian adults. 3) Kids connect with other Christian kids. 4) Kids can learn from others’ creativity and perspective, not just mama’s.