- 1 What are the 10 Commandments in simple terms?
- 2 What is the first commandment?
- 3 What are the 10 Commandments in the NIV Bible?
- 4 What are the 10 Commandments in order?
- 5 Is it a sin to be lazy?
- 6 What does covet mean in the Ten Commandments?
- 7 What is God’s law?
- 8 What did Moses do with the 10 Commandments?
- 9 How many commandments are there Catholic?
What are the 10 Commandments in simple terms?
The Ten Commandments are:
- “I am the Lord thy God, thou shalt not have any gods before Me.”
- “Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.”
- “Remember to keep holy the Sabbath day.”
- “Honor thy father and mother.”
- “Thou shalt not kill.”
- “Thou shalt not commit adultery.”
- “Thou shalt not steal.”
What is the first commandment?
The Judeo-Christian world is generally familiar with the First Commandment, ”Thou shalt have no other gods before me. All ten of the Commandments are a moral and spiritual force for good. They demand reverence for God and respect for man.
What are the 10 Commandments in the NIV Bible?
Terms in this set (10)
- #1. You shall have no other gods before me.
- #2. You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything.
- #3. You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God.
- #4. Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy.
- #5. Honor your father and your mother.
- #6. You shall not murder.
What are the 10 Commandments in order?
The Ten Commandments
- I am the Lord thy God: thou shalt not have strange Gods before me.
- Thou shall not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.
- Remember to keep holy the Lord’s Day.
- Honour thy father and thy mother.
- Thou shalt not kill.
- Thou shalt not commit adultery.
- Thou shalt not steal.
Is it a sin to be lazy?
It is a sin to be lazy. Laziness causes people to stop growing. Being lazy is refusing to obey God and refusing to do everything for His glory. It causes people to miss out on relying on the Holy Spirit for rest even in the hardest and craziest of times.
What does covet mean in the Ten Commandments?
In fact, it is the only commandment of the 10 with which God chose to give examples to illustrate his point. The word “covet” expresses the idea of an inordinate desire for something or someone for one’s own gratification.
What is God’s law?
One must understand that there are three kinds of laws God deals with in His Bible. First, are civil laws. These were specifically given for the culture of the Israelites, which includes everything from murder to restitution and dietary restrictions. Second, are ceremonial laws. Third, are God’s moral laws.
What did Moses do with the 10 Commandments?
Location: Mount Sinai, Egypt The Ten Commandments are recorded in both the Book of Exodus and the Book of Deuteronomy. God gave Moses the Ten Commandments in the Book of Exodus on two tablets of stone on Mount Sinai to confirm the moral principles of the covenant between God and the Israelites.
How many commandments are there Catholic?
Notwithstanding different numerical designations, Jews, Catholics and Protestants all end up with a total of 10 commandments. All believe, as well, that God gave Moses the Ten Commandments on Mount Sinai.