- 1 Where can I donate used Bibles?
- 2 What do you do with old Bibles and hymn books?
- 3 How do you dispose of old Bibles UK?
- 4 Where can I donate my Bible in Singapore?
- 5 What can you do with old religious books?
- 6 How much are old Bibles worth?
- 7 Are old Bibles worth any money?
- 8 Are old Bibles worth anything UK?
- 9 What can you do with unwanted books?
- 10 Can we donate books to NLB?
- 11 What can I do with old CDS in Singapore?
Where can I donate used Bibles?
Here Are More Options for What to Do With Old Bibles
- Bible Foundation Network for Sending Bibles.
- Christian Library International.
- Love Packages.
- Master Bible Collection/Distribution Centers in U.S.A. and Canada.
- Many local churches accept used Bibles for believers in need.
What do you do with old Bibles and hymn books?
- Churches, who may in turn donate the book to the needy.
- Libraries, who may offer the book for checking out or sell it in a fundraiser.
- Thrift stores, who can offer the book for relatively cheap to someone who may need it.
- Christian homeless shelters, many of which offer prayer groups and bible study classes.
How do you dispose of old Bibles UK?
Damaged or Unusable Bibles The first is to simply recycle the Bible as you would any other book. Contact your local recycling centre to find out the proper way to prepare a book for recycling, or if you should drop off the Bible at a collection centre from which the staff will perform the rest of the recycling process.
Where can I donate my Bible in Singapore?
17 Places to Donate Books and More in Singapore (2020 Update!)
- Dignity Mama. Source.
- Books Beyond Borders. Source.
- Help a Child – Donate a Book.
- FairPrice Share-A-Textbook Project.
- Marymount Youth Network Book Donation Drive 2020.
- Sony’s South Africa Mobile Library Project (SAMLP)
- Migrant Library Singapore.
- 8 One Bag One Book.
What can you do with old religious books?
Some Catholics follow a custom of disposing of religious articles that have been blessed by either burying or burning. If not, dispose of it as you would any other book. If it’s still in fair condition, you might put it on a book donation table to benefit someone else.”
How much are old Bibles worth?
To have value, they must be nearly perfect. Those are worth between $100 and $300. Incidentally, if you have one of these, and it’s a family Bible you want to preserve, but the spine is broken, or the covers are falling off, you can have them fixed, but it’ll cost a couple hundred dollars.
Are old Bibles worth any money?
Old Bibles published between 1900-2000 are almost exclusively considered reading material and unless your copy was owned by someone famous, it is not worth further research. The exact same Bible, not owned by Elvis Presley, is worth $10 or less. These modern 20th century Bibles are the type most of us have.
Are old Bibles worth anything UK?
Only very specific publications will prove to have any serious monetary value. If you feel that your family Bible may be one of those extra-special tomes, you can have it professionally appraised to help you determine its worth. The libraries of large universities often offer basic appraisal services.
What can you do with unwanted books?
10 Ways to Recycle Your Old Books
- Donate to your local library. Bring your gently used books to your local library.
- Donate to a local charity.
- Make some gift tags.
- Recycle your unusable books.
- Sell them or give them away online.
- Make a “Free Books” box.
Can we donate books to NLB?
National Library Board The National Library Board (NLB) has Book Exchange Corners at certain library branches. Here, you can drop off your old books for other people to bring home. Simply bring your books down and load up the designated shelves. Branches with Book Exchange Corners can be found across the island.
What can I do with old CDS in Singapore?
You can give it away through the following ways:
- Give Away Online. The Singapore Freecycle Network is part of the global Freecycle movement that allows anyone to give away or receive items for free on its Facebook Group or Yahoo!
- Give to Charity or to Others.
- Use the Recycling Programme.