- 1 What should I teach in Sunday school?
- 2 What is the Bible children’s lesson?
- 3 What is Sunday school class?
- 4 What makes a good Sunday school teacher?
- 5 What do you do on the first day of Sunday school?
- 6 How do you promote Sunday school?
- 7 How is Jesus our anchor?
- 8 How do you explain what is Bible to kids?
- 9 What are the duties of a Sunday school teacher?
- 10 Does Sunday school still exist?
- 11 What age is primary in Sunday school?
What should I teach in Sunday school?
15 Sunday School Lesson Theme Ideas
- Theme: Jesus Hears Our Prayers.
- Theme: Jesus is Our Anchor.
- Theme: Becoming a Fisher of Men.
- Theme: Convicted for Christianity.
- Theme: Take Time to Rest and Enjoy God.
- Theme: Me and My Big Mouth — Understanding Gossip.
- Theme: Worrying about “Stuff”
- Theme: Knowing the Holy Spirit.
What is the Bible children’s lesson?
For the younger children, the message is simple: God gave the Bible to us to help us. It is an important letter God wrote to each of us to learn from, to obey, and to get to know Him better. For the older children, we expand on this message and say that the Bible is true and is supposed to be our guide.
What is Sunday school class?
A Sunday school is an educational institution, usually (but not always) Christian in character. Sunday school classes usually precede a Sunday church service and are used to provide catechesis to Christians, especially children and teenagers, and often adults as well.
What makes a good Sunday school teacher?
Sunday school teachers must have a deep love for God and know the Bible well. They must also have a love for children and a passion for spreading seeds of God’s word to those children. The children will often model themselves after you, which means you should live your life in a modest, humble, God-honoring way.
What do you do on the first day of Sunday school?
Here are seven things that can help get things moving forward on the first day the class meets.
- Arrive early.
- Use name tags.
- Greet everyone as they arrive.
- Start on time.
- Lead like it is the second Sunday.
- Save administration stuff for the end of class time.
How do you promote Sunday school?
Include different things like focusing on different ages, focusing on teachers, focusing on a big event, advertising a big event, or pictures of a very exciting activity. Update this monthly. Keep your teachers and volunteers that help you promote Sunday School! Do something each month for teachers and volunteers.
How is Jesus our anchor?
Yes, Jesus is our hope and anchor who will keep us in the midst of storms. He is the one who is able to keep us steadfast and unmovable in spite of the tides of life. Hebrews 6:19 declares: “Hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast…”
How do you explain what is Bible to kids?
The Bible is God’s story as recorded through history. It points us to God, but it’s incomplete. Or rather, it’s incomplete without Jesus. We need to know Jesus WELL because God is most fully revealed in the person of Jesus.
What are the duties of a Sunday school teacher?
Sunday School Teacher Responsibilities:
- Create lesson plans in line with the curriculum.
- Prepare and oversee weekly Bible lessons.
- Help with all the fundraising events related to the Sunday school department.
- Develop educational plays and skits.
- Attend weekly meetings with all assigned teachers and management staff.
Does Sunday school still exist?
However, the last three decades have seen a sharp decline and today they attract just one in every 25 children. If the current trend continues, church statisticians predict that only one in a 100 will go to Sunday school in 16 years’ time.
What age is primary in Sunday school?
Primary Department (children 6, 7, 8 years of age ). d. Junior Department (children 9,10, 11, 12 years of age).